Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning So this is how it goes...

1. Friends recommend Darkfever.

2. You finally get around to reading it and buy it.

3. 3 days later you're done reading it (and you realize it took you this long 'cause there were some irrelevant things such as working and socializing in between you and the book)

4. You find yourself wanting to buy the whole series the moment you're done with Book 1.

5. You ask yourself why had you not read this before and you realize your life will never be the same.

Darkfever is like nutella: delicious and enthralling and you can't wait to have more. It has all the elements that make a book worth devouring. There's action and romance, reality and fantasy, good and evil. The writing is good, the plot is mesmerizing, and the characters are phenomenal. One of the things I liked best was just how unpredictable the book it is. I'm usually pretty good at predicting a plot, but this book surprised me and, even better, still has me curious. Better YET, the characters are beautifully constructed: flawed yet enticing.

Seriously. I didn't get bored reading it. I LOVE the element of fantasy. I loved it even more because it's a dark fantasy, thriller. I enjoyed it too much and I can't wait to get my hands on the second volume.

I'm in love. I can't choose what I loved best among the Unseelie and Seelie Fae Court, a mysterious murder, and a sister that has lost all except the desire for justice. Also, I'm a sucker for zero to hero characters, and well, let's face it, the female lead, Mac, is a Barbie thrown into pure chaos. Also, as if everything else weren't enough to have me gaga over Darkfever, the book has some pretty amazing Harry Potter references.

Thus, I have no option but to give it five stars. In fact, I'd give it six if I could. In fact, give me a V'lane any day and I'll probably hack into goodreads and give it a ten star review.

In other words, this series has just become my new obsession.